Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Metacognition: The Kite Runner

My Kite Runner essay revolved around the basic plot of the book: Amir's search for redemption and desire to be absolved of guilt. Therefore, I have identified myself as a sort of "big thinker" trying to focus on what I feel is the most important portion of that "big idea". The main effectiveness of this way of thinking is that it enunciates a clear idea and a concept from within that idea, and provides a clear insight that peeks out from all ends of the book.

I was kind of surprised that I tend to choose bigger ideas to write about because I'm a very detailed person; my life revolves around small details that comprise the big picture. However, I do like the way (I feel) that I articulated exactly what my feelings on the idea of redemption specifically for Amir as well as how violence and death play roles in all redemption.

I feel that I could do better in relating my evidence back to my theme. While it was blatantly clear that the examples I chose were directly related to the roles death and violence play in redemption, they were also difficult to write fluently about when explaining how they support the claim, but after several editions I felt that they were adequate explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Email Me!