Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blogging Around

Anna, Best of the Week: Epiphany (from Cathedral)
Anna's post was about how we can learn from the epiphany that the man in Cathedral has
I definitely agree with you, Anna. I think that the way the man in Cathedral experiences his epiphany is extremely important. I also like what you said about how one small "aha!" moment can cause bigger changes in a person's life. I think that it's important to reflect on moments like this and use them in order to reflect and grow. I think that the author's style - and by extent the man's style - is very important here; his reflection of the epiphany is one of amazement and wonder. Overall, I think that many of your observations were very astute.

Lauren, An Inconvenient Truth: Food, Inc.
Lauren's post was about the way the production and consumption of food has changed and become more monetarily focused
I also saw this movie, and found that it really affected my perspective on the food industry. I really like how you used this to pull from freshman year; the idea of how this is related to Ishmael and the Fall of the world was really an astute observation. I agree with you that the increases in population have led us to take drastic and terrible measures, and I think that it's ridiculous how having more people on the planet have decreased our humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Email Me!